Easy Apple Biscoff Crisp
This is a small batch recipe for homemade Apple Crisp with a Biscoff cookie topping. The easy fall recipe is a perfect serving for two and features Honeycrisp apples and a topping with oats, crushed Biscoff cookies, and cozy fall spices. Top with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream.
Servings: 2 Small Crisps
- 10 Biscoff cookies, crushed to fine crumbs this will equal approximately 6 tablespoons of cookie crumbs
Biscoff Crisp Topping
- 4 tablespoons Biscoff cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 cups apples, cubed (about 2 large apples) I used Honeycrisp - any apple will work
- 2 tablespoons Biscoff cookie crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple juice or water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Biscoff Crisp Topping
Put the Biscoff cookies in a small baggie. Use a rolling pin to crush the cookies to crumbs. You can also pulse them in a food processor to get the cookie crumbs.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together 4 tablespoons of the Biscoff crumbs, brown sugar, flour, and salt. Add the cold cubed butter and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers, cut the butter into the mix until it is pea-sized pieces and the topping is semi-moist. Stir in the oats until just combined. Place the topping in the refrigerator until ready to use to keep the butter cold. Tip - Add the oats last to prevent them from being cut into small pieces when cutting the butter into the topping.
Cut the apples into cubes and add to a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Biscoff crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, apple juice (or water), and lemon juice over the apples. Toss to mix. Note - If you have extra Biscoff crumbs, save them to sprinkle over the ice cream or whipped cream topping before serving.
Add the apple ix to the prepared pie dishes. Spoon equal amounts of the chilled Biscoff topping over the top of the apples.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until the crisp topping is golden and the apples are bubbly. Note - While baking, if the topping is browning too quickly, loosely cover with aluminum foil until finished baking.
Cool the crisps on a wire cooling rack. Serve warm and top with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Small Pie Dishes - Two of these small pie dishes will work for this recipe.
- Alternative Baking Dish - If you don't have small pie dishes, you can use ramekins, a casserole dish, or any oven-proof baking dish.
- Serving Size - This Apple Crisp recipe can easily be doubled.