This post and recipe may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the Disclosure Policy for details.
Elevate your summer sipping on a dairy-free black cherry cream soda that is homemade! Fresh cherry syrup meets coconut cream, then the soda-shop inspired drink is topped with black cherry sparkling water. Light, creamy, fruity, and totally refreshing, this fizzy beverage guarantees a delightful treat!
Black Cherry Cream Soda
The delicious bubbly cherry brew is refined sugar free and dairy free. We rely on the sweetness and pure flavor of fresh cherries combined with a little maple syrup to deliver all the summer goodness in the soda.
Everything To Love About The cream soda
- Fresh cherries – If it’s summer, your treats should be full of fresh cherry flavor. Like my black forest cupcakes, black forest overnight oats, and golden cherry crisp!
- It’s homemade – Which means wonderful pure flavor.
- Dairy-free – We use unsweetened canned coconut milk to deliver the cream in these cream sodas.
- Super creamy – And that canned coconut milk makes the cherry cream soda extra creamy!
- Easy to customize – Swap in a different fruit or different flavored soda to change the beverage experience!
What You’ll Need To Make The Cream Soda
- Fresh cherries – I do like fresh cherries for this recipe for the flavor, vibrancy, and to garnish. Though, frozen cherries will also work.
- Lemon juice – The lemon juice brightens the cherry syrup.
- Maple syrup – For sweetness in the syrup and coconut cream.
- Canned coconut milk – Use a can of unsweetened coconut milk and give it a good shake. The canned coconut milk will make these sodas super creamy.
- Sparkling water – Any flavor of sparkling water will work. If you can find it, cherry flavored would be delicious in the cherry cream soda!
- Ice – It’s not a soda without the ice!
- Cherry pitter – The cherry pitter will make your life easy!
- Small saucepan – To make the cherry sauce
- Fine mesh strainer – To strain the cherry sauce.
- Cute serving glasses
Tips For Homemade cherry Cream Soda Success
- Use canned coconut milk – Carton coconut milk will certainly work, but canned coconut milk will make the soda extra creamy.
- I recommend fresh cherries – Especially if they are in season. They have a profound flavor and vibrancy.
- Adjust the ratios – Because the cherry sodas are homemade, you can adjust the cherry syrup, cream, soda, and ice however you like!
- To stir or not to stir – Though the lovely layers in the photos are beautiful, I do recommend a good stir to blend all the flavors.
- Uses for the leftover coconut milk – I would save it for a delicious smoothie, or make more cherry soda!
You sure can!
They do not since we are heating them to make the syrup.
Absolutely. Use whatever sweetener you prefer.
Yes! Though, the cherry cream soda may not be as creamy.
I would recommend if you want to use dairy, opt for cream or half and half – so the soda is creamy!
Most definitely! Follow the instructions to make the syrup and swap in any fruit and flavored sparkling water you like.
Homemade Black Cherry Cream Soda (Dairy Free)
- 3 cups fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk, full fat (shaken)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 can sparkling water (black cherry, or any flavor)
- In a small saucepan, add the prepared cherries, maple syrup and lemon juice. Cook over medium-low heat, periodically mashing the cherries with a wooden spoon. Cook until the juices have been released from the cherries and the mix becomes slightly thick – about 10 minutes.3 cups fresh cherries, pitted and chopped, 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Using a spoon, press the cherry puree through a fine mesh strainer set over a small bowl. Make sure to scrape the underside of the strainer to collect all the cherry juice! Set in the refrigerator to cool completely – for at least 10 minutes.
- The cherry puree can also be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Shake the can of coconut milk. Measure into a liquid measuring cup and stir as needed to combine any lumps. Transfer the remaining coconut milk to a covered container and refrigerate for a different recipe, or to make smoothies.1/3 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk, full fat
- Add the maple syrup to the coconut cream and stir until mixed.3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Once the cherry puree has cooled, fill 2 serving glasses 1/3 full of ice. Scoop equal amounts of cherry puree on top of the ice. Next pour equal amounts of the coconut cream on top of the cherry puree. Finish by filling each glass the remainder of the way with the sparkling water. Serve and enjoy!1 can sparkling water
- Serving Size – This recipe is easily doubled to make more sodas.
- Coconut Milk – I recommend canned coconut milk to make the soda super creamy. Shake the can to combine the liquid and solids.
- Cherries – I recommend fresh cherries if they are in season, but frozen cherries will also work.
- Ratios – Because the cherry sodas are homemade, you can adjust the cherry syrup, cream, soda, and ice however you like!
- Stir – Though the lovely layers in the photos are beautiful, I do recommend a good stir to blend all the flavors.
- Leftover Coconut Milk – Save it for a delicious smoothie, or make more cherry soda!
- Substitutions – Easily swap in 1:1 any dairy or dairy free milk or cream you prefer. Along with any fruit or flavored soda.
about the author ...
I'm Erin and I'm all about desserts - and a little bit of butter!
I've tested, written, and photographed hundreds of recipes on my website. Here you'll find the tastiest small batch gluten free and traditional desserts - all homemade, all simple, and all for you!