Dessert doesn’t always have to be filled with sugar and butter to be decadent! Here is a collection of Easy Healthy Dessert Recipes, that are just as tasty as sweets for the holidays. These easy recipes include everything from cakes and cookies, all the way to ice cream and frozen treats.
Easy Healthy Dessert Recipes
Now that most of the major holidays are behind us (translation: holidays that must have chocolate on the menu!), I’m switching gears and trying to indulge on desserts that are a bit healthier.
However, I’ll be back to sugar, butter, and chocolate soon. I mean, Easter is fast approaching and I will need Jelly Beans or Peeps!
What Makes These Sweet Desserts Healthier
- Maple syrup and honey sweeten things up – The only recipe on this list that uses brown sugar is the Winter Citrus Tarts. Brown sugar is in the tart crust.
- An abundance of fruit – Whether it is in season or frozen, the headline ingredient in most of the healthier dessert recipes is fruit.
- Oats, nuts, seeds, oh my – Chia seeds, flax seeds, and oats make a regular appearance in these recipes. Even a cookie made with almond flour instead of all-purpose flour!
- Canned coconut milk – This is one of my favorite dairy-alternative ingredients because of its versatility. I use it as Whipped Cream, to make Ice Cream, and a butter alternative in Frosting.
Small Batch Healthy Cookies and Candy
Cookies and candy can be healthy. Who knew?! This roundup of Easy Healthy Dessert Recipes wouldn’t be complete without a few!
- Cookies are a great dessert to use alternatives to all-purpose flour. Specifically Almond Flour.
- Candy is healthy when you use shredded coconut, maple syrup, and canned coconut milk. And sometimes all in one recipe!
Healthier Frozen Fruit Desserts
Ice cream and popsicles are healthier when made with canned coconut milk and natural sweeteners. And even when you eat the whole batch, you can still feel a little less guilty!
- Creamy ice cream – To achieve creamy dairy-free ice cream, we use a combination of canned coconut milk and coconut yogurt. Plus fresh fruit for a bright flavor and sweetness.
- Summer popsicles – It doesn’t get any easier when there are only 4 ingredients in your frozen treat.
Easy and Healthy Sweets
I love recipe roundups because they are a great resource when you need specific dessert ideas! And I think layering in some healthier dessert options throughout the year is a great way to avoid sugar burn-out. If that is even a thing? Maybe that’s just me … 🙂
And it doesn’t get any better when the healthier desserts are easy too! Because, if I’m going to eat healthy, I don’t want it to be fussy. Again, just me.
Happy healthy dessert eating friends!