This post and recipe may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the Disclosure Policy for details.
This recipe for Healthier Chocolate Power Bites is not only easy but is also on the healthy side! This is a sweet no-bake snack that combines the decadent flavors of chocolate and peanut butter with a great texture of crunchy oats and seeds. A perfect treat for a quick breakfast bite or mid-day snack.
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack
If you are like me, you’ve seen a lot of delicious recipes for healthy no-bake snacks and bars. What I think you will like about these Healthier Chocolate Power Bites is that they are easily customizable. But who are we kidding, any recipe that starts with chocolate and peanut butter is one that we must try first! 🙂
That said, we are using healthier ingredients to go with the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Chocolate Chips – I used bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Oats – Old fashioned oats have a strong texture and a pure oat flavor.
- Dried Cranberries – Quite simply, any dried fruit adds sweetness and a bright flavor compliment to the nut butter and grains.
- Honey – Yes, honey is still sugar, but it is not refined. A healthier sweetener option to help keep blood sugar lower!
- Chia and Flaxseed – Both are considered a super-food and are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber. Healthy, yes?!
- Nut Butter – For this recipe, I used creamy peanut butter. That is not to say you can’t sub in an almond or cashew butter.
Easy Power Bites
A lot of recipes say they are easy. And this one is no exception. They start with a few key ingredients, and from there the flavor combinations are almost infinite.
Key ingredients for power bites:
- Nut Butter – this is the primary binder and helps keep the tasty bites intact.
- Liquid Sweetener – honey, maple syrup, agave, date syrup to name a few. A healthier sugar option for a perfectly sweet bite
- Oats / Flours – my preference is rolled oats for how filling they are and sturdy texture. Note – if you choose a flour, make sure it can be consumed raw, or cook it before using.
- Mix-in’s – here the options are endless. Chocolate chips, dried fruit, seeds, protein powder, candy (why not!), etc., etc., Don’t forget the chocolate! 🙂
No-Bake Healthy Snack
We talked a little bit about the compliment of flavors in these Healthier Chocolate Power Bites. And the best part; a great foundation for other great flavor combos. So let’s get to some mix-in and nut butter options:
- Almond Joy – Almond butter, chopped almonds, shredded coconut, oats
- Oatmeal Cookie – Peanut butter, chopped peanuts, raisin, cinnamon, oats
- Trail Mix Granola Bar – Almond butter, pumpkin seeds, dried mango, semi-sweet chocolate chips, oats
- Tropical Bliss – Sunflower butter, chopped macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, dried pineapple
- Chocolate Covered Cherry – Hazelnut butter, dried cherries, dark chocolate chips
Power on my friends! 🙂
More Healthy Sweet Recipes
- Healthier Dark Chocolate Bark Candy
- Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- Healthier Thin Mint Cookies
- Almond Flour and Maple Cookies
- Healthier Coconut Candy Cups
- Easy Healthy Dessert Recipes – Recipe Roundup
Chocolate Power Bites
- In a large bowl add all of the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Then add the heated peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. The chocolate chips may melt slightly with the addition of the heated peanut butter, but this is ok. The chocolate acts as a binder and adds lots of chocolate flavor. Refrigerate the mix for about an hour for everything to set.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, roll the mix into 2 tablespoon size bites. The bites can be enjoyed at room temperature or straight from the fridge. I recommend storing the bites in the fridge.
about the author ...
I'm Erin and I'm all about desserts - and a little bit of butter!
I've tested, written, and photographed hundreds of recipes on my website. Here you'll find the tastiest small batch gluten free and traditional desserts - all homemade, all simple, and all for you!